Lately I have had the pleasure to work from home some and I found myself picking up some bad habits. Let’s face it, we all have bad work habits and I am no longer in denial about mine.
Here we go, 10 habits to break when you are working from home:
1) turning on TV.
2) sitting on the couch, not at a table or desk.
3) not setting alarm as if you had to go into an office.
4) not logging onto your work center at 8:00 so you can see everything that you need to get done for the day.
5) getting distracted by other sources of entertainment, i.e. Facebook, Twitter, or OMG! Yahoo
6) spending time during the workday doing laundry or other household chores
7) not forcing yourself to continue working until 5:00 or the agreed upon quitting time from your boss.
8) getting annoyed with people back at the main office – you do not know what their day is like and therefore, cannot get upset when they have you do something that only takes 30 seconds and they could have done it in the time they took to send an email asking you to do it… yes this one might be a bit passive aggressive, but it’s a habit to break.
10) taking too many breaks
I know I am guilty of some all of these from time to time. I’ve made it a priority to refocus my energy and pretend that I am in the swankiest office.