This is it… tomorrow’s the big day! I turn 30.
When I was a little girl, I used to dream what my life would be like at 30. I would just think of everything I would accomplish, the goals I’d reach, the life I would live… and you know what?
Real life is so much better than my dreams.
I have an amazing family, a husband that I adore, a child I couldn’t imagine my life without and a pretty awesome career.
Today I wanted to share 30 things you probably don’t know about me. Some of these are random and some are pretty direct, but I will admit that I started this list back in March and it has taken me this long to come up with 30 things.
Now for the list:
1) I broke my elbow in 3rd grade after flipping over my bike’s handlebars. I thought I could fly or was just really bad at stopping…
2) In elementary school, my dog literally saved my life by stopping a would-be kidnapper/bad guy/creeper from getting me in his car. My dog jumped through a car window to stop this attacker when he started opening his door, which gave me enough time to run away. **This is why I plan on having a Rottweiler walk my son to the bus stop every. single. day.
3) I went to prom on crutches.
4) I only wash my hair 2 times a week – don’t judge me. My hair is super thick and doesn’t get oily.
5) Watching surgeries or blood/guts does nothing to me. I don’t mind it at all – I actually think it’s pretty interesting! But add an insect and I’m so over it!
6) I’m obsessed with ghost stories and the paranormal. Whenever we travel, I like to look up the history of the place. I did that once on a cruise ship and then couldn’t sleep the rest of the week after finding out the history.
7) I’m very passionate about helping stray animals and think everyone should #adoptnotshop for their next pet.
8) I have a strong attraction to any body of water – lake, ocean, river. I would love to be somewhere near water every day.
9) I love Thousand Island dressing – it’s my jam! But when J mixes Ketchup and Mayo together it makes me want to throw up. No clue why since that’s what Thousand Island dressing is.
10) I could eat sushi every day of my life and be perfectly happy!
12) I love graphic design and am always taking on projects to design friends’ invites and images for online.
13) My biggest fear is disappointing those I love.
14) A fountain Diet Coke is heaven in a glass.
15) I plan on taking a photography class this fall so I can learn more about great pictures
16) I stabbed myself in the hand when I was in the 3rd grade because I burnt brownies, but was determined to still eat them.
17) I love organizational products and worked at an office supply store in high school and college.
18) I am highly, highly allergic to cats. My eyes swell and I get a rash on my neck and chest when I’m around them.
19) I’ve always wanted to be a business owner. In high school my dream was to own a clothing boutique that utilized personal stylists as associates.
20) I was in a sorority in college and that experience helped shape me into the woman I am today.
21) I am a social media enthusiast. I love Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Youtube, Pinterest – love it all! I’ve started getting into Periscope (@meredithrines), but haven’t made too much progress yet.
22) I’m a tornado cleaner – once I start cleaning, nothing in the house is safe from being cleaned, de-junked or thrown away.
23) Budgeting is probably one of my favorite things to help families with.
24) I’m terrified of roller coasters and the last time I rode one, I cried the whole time – I was 25 years old, too!
25) My photo is in my elementary school yearbook for coming in 1st place in a typing competition.
26) I was the stage manager for almost every drama production during high school
27) I had a car bought back under the lemon law and I had to take a taxi back to my house after turning over the keys
28) My favorite movie of all time is Gigi.
29) When I was younger, my parents let me enroll in an art school because I loved to draw and paint as a kid.
30) As a little girl I was able to celebrate my birthday a day early. My sister was born on the 7th and I was on the 9th. So we celebrated on the 8th. Which meant I was so special, I got to party a day early. HA!