Older and wiser seem to be true with each year that passes. I can look back on my years in high school, college, in the graduate degree program with fondness. Each section of my life is better than the last, and for that I am happy.
I’ve written a post about going back to college and what I would do differently, which you can read that here and I’ve written a letter to incoming college freshmen, which is here. But there are so many facets to that time of your life that maybe we should just keep it simple with the advice.
Here is what I would love to tell my 21 year old self:
1) take risks
2) go to Taco Bell at 3am
3) say yes more to adventures
4) love yourself
5) be your biggest fan because your professors, bosses and sometimes even friends won’t
6) wear better shoes, your future feet will thank you for it
7) start running, it’s harder to get in the habit when you work full time
8) don’t get wrapped up in the small stuff, if you won’t remember it in 5 years then don’t stress
9) intern more, get more experience in a variety of fields
10) tell your parents you love them every chance you get