I cannot believe August is over and it’s time to create my September Goals.
I feel like it just started and we were in the process of packing up our lives to move across the state. Pretty crazy how time flies when you’re having fun… unpacking boxes! When I talked about my August goals I was pretty ambitious for someone who still had a lot of wedding planning to tackle, boxes to unpack, and friends to make.
1) get settled into our new home – 70/30
We are in the new home, we even have pictures on one of the walls. However, there are still boxes in the guest bedroom that need to be unpacked – only 3 left and we have a lot of pictures to hang. So, I would say we are about 70% there.
2) consistently write 3-4 posts a week – PASS
I believe I am averaging 4 posts a week. I have even developed a posting schedule – Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. I take the weekends and Wednesdays off – I think that’s a good mix. Well, except for today – I decided to post this Wednesday and I am allowed to do that.
3) create a routine between all of my creative outlets (blog and etsy), work, and homelife – 90/10
I have created a pretty good routine for everything. I work until 5-6 every day, then we have dinner and spend time together. About 8:00 is when I start blogging or reading articles of interest. I have had to take a cutback on my Etsy shop, not because it was growing like wildfire or anything, but we are trying to pay down debt and we decided that it would probably be best not to spend any more money on something until our little credit cards are paid down… sad face.
4) make progress on wedding planning – order the invites and finalize our favor idea – PASS
I have the wedding invites sitting next to me and they are gorgeous! I love them oh-so-much! I have the favor idea finalized and even have it marked in the calendar when I need to start buying everything for it. The favor is SO me with Justin sprinkled in on top! It’s going to be perfect for us.
5) design organizing templates – I’m going to say PASS
I have a budget template and a desktop template coming your way in the next few days… be on the lookout for that!
I think I am in a pretty good place for August. Now, onto September goals.
1) Work on my side hustle to make some extra money
2) Purchase the big ticket items for our favors at the wedding
3) Pay $200 towards our smallest debt to make a dent
4) Finish funding our emergency fund
5) Knock out ¼ of the remaining Dave Ramsey videos
A lot to do with money, guess you can figure out where my mindset is lately.