I use a Canon Rebel T1i. It’s a prized possession for sure. I’m still a budding photographer by all means, but with some simple filters I’m starting to feel like I have some skills!
having time to spend with my friends
cuddling with Maggie
having a rewarding job
thought of graduating from Grad School in December
spending time with family
developing my photography skills
cooking (goes with eating healthy)
having manicured nails (even if I do them myself – still puts a smile on my face)
I was having a pretty rough day yesterday. I thought to myself instead of complaining, write down what will make you happy. I figured I can at least do something(s) each day that’ll put a smile on my face.
My list is simple.
It will take me to stop doing things that don’t increase my happiness and replace those items with one from my list.
What makes you happy?
I think Maggie, the pup dog, likes to remind me just which rules we follow around here. I was so politely reminded of that this week when she wanted to cuddle real close right after I survived another CrossFit workout.
Thought this was too funny, and yet true.
source: SOS Animals UK Facebook
1) My new Kate Spade purse came in the mail. It makes my feet do a happy jig.
2) Apparently, my stats class is going to require three different colored pens to keep my notes straight. Geesh!
3) Pretty drink to finish out the week
4) We had a lazy Sunday with movie marathons, dip and chips.
5) I started CrossFit two weeks ago. If you haven’t heard of it, YouTube some videos. It’s pretty awesome and pretty brutal all at the same time. Here’s me post workout.
Happy Weekend y’all!
Here is a super quick, super easy salad recipe that is so, SO good.
I made this one on Sunday when I wasn’t feeling great and needed to avoid making poor eating choices.
I went out to dinner the night before and had some leftover steak – 3 oz. to be exact (it had to be fate to make this salad!).
5 PointsPlus per serving (4 without dressing).
1) I have a thing for cloud pictures. I think that’s apparent.
2) I’ve got a pup that is sneakily trying to learn how to drive. Take my eyes off the driver for one second and somehow she’s in the seat.
3) Yummy dinner with friends at Garbo’s in Springfield this past week.
4) Quick glimpse of my outfit this week. Now with school back my clothes are lasting much longer than my average 8-5 job. Try 8am – 10pm.
5) Nothing beats a day at the lake. Tubing. Fishing. Relaxing. One word can sum it all up – perfect.
Recently, while browsing Etsy I came across some adorable ribbon wreaths. I decided to make my own and then because it was pretty easy, I made one for a coworker who is
obsessed a fan of the HOGS.
Just a warning that my pictures may be a bit jumbled with the directions – I forgot to take a few photos while doing my first wreath.
1) cut ribbon into about 4 1/2″ – 5″ pieces. I used several different designs on my wreaths.
2) loop the ribbon and stick a straight pin through, like so.
3) start sticking on. Continue until all the foam is covered. My wreath was quite a bit smaller than my coworkers. I used about 22 yards of ribbon and about 200 pins. On the HOGS wreath I used 36 yards and about 350 straight pins.
4) after you have the wreath to your desire amount of fullness, then hot glue letters on. I went with a fall theme for mine since I just can’t wait for the season to change.
Now you have a fun, festive wreath. Enjoy!