A blue skirt that swooshes when you walk. Makes you command attention. Add a fedora, some wedges and I think you may just have it.
Or at least that’s how I feel when I put this skirt on and no one is going to tell me any different.
Skirt: Windsor (similar here), blouse: F21, Fedora & Wedges: TJ Maxx
1) Kick back and relax, the weekend is here.
2) Spent an afternoon wandering around here last weekend. Now I cannot wait till I have my own home to decorate.
3) Whipped up a nice lil’ meal this week. Apple Braised Chicken with a whole lot of veggies 🙂
4) Pretty flowers that were sent to a dear friend
5) one day apart, same area of the city. HUGE difference.
But wearing jeans, of course. I was running late to my night class and decided to just not change from working on a few projects.
t-shirt: Wal-Mart, jeans: Express, shoes: F21, Headband: Modcloth (bonus from my Birchbox), watch: belonged to my Grandpa.
nerdy professor look.
shirt: TJ Maxx, Skirt: F21, glasses: Warby Parker, necklace: JewelMint
Packing to go out-of-town is probably one of my favorite things to do. Something about laying out clothes and matching accessories with them while all trying to stay minimal. It’s a challenge for a recovering over packer like myself.
Here I am packing for a weekend trip to St. Louis. Going to be visiting the zoo and my favorite restaurant, Rich & Charlie’s.
This past weekend I decided to mix up my lunch menu. I mean, a girl can only handle so much deli meat before the thought of a turkey sandwich makes her want to scream.
Here’s my take on a classic, but with a healthy twist. Healthy eating is a passion of mind and I’m a strong supporter of Weight Watchers. I follow their Program and want to share the successful recipes I create, edit, alter, follow, etc…
11 oz. of chicken breast, cooked without bone and skin, cut into small pieces
2 stalks of celery, chopped
1 cucumber, chopped
1 yellow squash, chopped
¼ c. light mayonnaise
1/3 c. dill pickles
2 T. light sour cream
2 T. parsley, chopped
1 t. Dijon mustard
1 t. lemon juice
pinch of salt, to taste
small pinch of pepper, to taste
Mix well in large bowl.
Makes about 5 servings.
2/3 cup per serving.
3 PointsPlus per serving.
I’ve made it home after a successful StL adventure.
I’m tired. The pup didn’t open her eyes the whole three-hour drive home. I think it’s safe to say she’s one pooped out pup.
Here’s to an afternoon of rest before starting another week.
1) New favorite website (check it out here). It’s about being from St. Louis, which I’m not.
However, I have so many friends from St. Louis and this website pins them perfectly.
2) Dixie Stampede is an adventure.
3) Morning scratches are the best.
4) I’m headed to one of my favorite cities this weekend. StL.
5) New DKNY watch came in this week. It was love at first sight.
Happy Friday everyone!
I went camping and floating this past weekend. Sometimes it’s nice to get away with friends where there is no cell phone reception. The float was great, 4-6 hours floating in a plastic tube with a drink in my hand. Nothing better!
Then again, sometimes it’s nice to be indoors when the wind decides to pick up, rain starts to pour, and thunder & lightening battle all night long.
Just cleaning out my iPhone
1) St. Louis Zoo – my favorite attraction isn’t even one of the animals.
2) One tired pup after a long trip in St. Louis
3) Well… a selfie of the awesome earrings that my MOM let me borrow