I love a good gallery wall, they are eclectic and a good way to express my personality. Which obviously consists of a whole lot of mis-match items that when combined create something beautiful.
Now that we are FINALLY in our new place and most of the boxes are unpacked, it was time to hang some pictures. I promised J that I would keep his beloved fish that was caught by grandpa and passed down the family. I needed items that can balance out the fish and make it look like it belongs on the wall. Not like I just stuck it in the corner, behind a door to say that I was good partner because it was on a wall.
1) find pictures that are unlike each other – either having different frame types, coloring, or are pictures of landscape, sculptures, and people.
2) lay your arrangement on the floor. Play with it and make sure you love it. It took me awhile to get it just right. A lot of frames came in and out of this arrangement.
3) get someone’s opinion. I asked J what he thought before putting one nail into the wall. Not that he actually cared what it looks like, but it was nice to have that affirmation.
4) start nailing it! We measured out the wall space to find the middle, then measured out the arrangement to find the midpoint. Match those two up and start hanging.
5) stand in awe of your awesome gallery wall.