Happy Thanksgiving! I’ve decided that since it was Thanksgiving and all that it would be a good time to write down what I’m Thankful for this year.
1. My family. After this afternoon’s FaceTime session with them I realize that they are quite unlike any other family I know and for that I’m truly thankful.
2. J. It has been a wonderful year with him and I am grateful every day that we met sitting in Steak-N-Shake late one night. It’s great having a guy that is so supportive of my ideas, my dreams, and everything going on in my life.
3. My friends. The first text I received this morning was from friends wishing me a Happy Thanksgiving. It’s great to remember all the fun times we’ve shared in 2012: a cruise, a haunted house, road trips, weekends at the lake, ‘family’ dinners, and so many more.
4. Work. This year has been quite a departure for me from the past several. I started an amazing journey as a Weight Watcher Leader and have met so many amazing, supportive people since that time. I’ve also been blessed with a job at a local law firm that has supported me through my school with a flexible schedule and has always been a place to go when I need an extra quiet study room at midnight. Finally, I recently started a job as a Sales Associate at a retail store and cannot wait for my future with such a bright company.
5. Maggie. We all know how obsessed I am with that pup so it’s no surprise that I can’t even make it half-way through my list without mentioning her. Maggie and I have had quite a life together these past years. I am thankful that she picked me that cold, rainy day in a hospital parking lot.
6. Graduate School. Though I complain about it. I am grateful that I’ve had the opportunity to further my education. In less than 25 days I will be walking across the stage at Missouri State receiving my Masters in Business Administration degree. Alright, so I actually won’t be getting my diploma that day, but I will be receiving an empty leather holder that symbolizes all the hard work and late nights I have put in these past 2 years.
7. My parents. I know that I mentioned family as number 1, but the more I thought about it I really think my folks deserve their own number. My Mom and Dad are awesome. Seriously, I have the best parents around. They support one another as they support their two kids. I cannot say thank you enough to the two people who brought me into this world, guided me, and taught me to be an independent, educated, young adult.
8. J’s family. They have welcomed me into their lives this past year and I’m grateful. J’s family is absolutely wonderful and knows how to have a good time.
9. My Grandmas. I’m lucky to have two amazing Grandmothers that have taught me a lot as I’ve grown up. Still to this day the sound of wind chimes puts a smile on my face thanks to my Grandma D. who always had them on her front porch. Grandma W.’s sandtart cookies are my all-time favorite and each Christmas I look forward to them.
10. Creativity. I like that I can think out of the box (most days) and have a passion for creating. There are so many ways to reduce stress out there and I’m glad that the one that helps me calm down the most is just so simple.
Okay, I know this post was a bit long. Sorry. Happy Thanksgiving and may your day be filled with happiness!