It has taken me a full week to recover from my amazingly awesome bachelorette party down in New Orleans. I am pretty sure that most of us left parts of our liver down on Bourbon Street.
I have to admit that I have some of the world’s best friends out there. I mean, no offense to your friends or anything, I’m sure they are great. But my friends are top-notch. We headed to NOLA on Friday and after a 2 hour delay at the Dallas airport we finally landed.
We drank our way through Bourbon Street on Friday night, went on a historical ghost tour on Saturday night and then went down to Magazine Street and Lafayette Cemetery on Sunday. It was a crazy, wild trip and it took me until Thursday to not feel exhausted and also to rehydrate.
Then we headed to a Burlesque show. The woman singing was outstanding! She blew the dancers performances out the window!
Oh and New Orleans is so cool for weddings. Apparently, the bride and groom get to march down the street with a band behind them and their family and friends waiving white handkerchiefs (napkins?) in the air. So stinkin’ cool!
Oh and there are these romeo spikes on the columns for old-time homes. They were the system to keep horny teenage boys out of their daughters’ windows late at night. Genius!
Today is the day. I am headed down to NOLA for my bachelorette party! I will be down on Bourbon Street for the weekend celebrating with my sister, future sister-in-law, and close friends. Cannot wait to party down and make memories that will last forever.
J and I are getting closer to our wedding, and this last fling before the ring is a reminder just how close we are getting.
Cheers to a good time!
It’s official. Summer is here. The humidity is up and my allergies are finally starting to subside, a little. I put together a little list of fun things that I’d love to do in these next few months. What do you have on your to-do list?
1) Attend a Cardinals Baseball game
2) Go to the lake as much as possible
3) Grill majority of our meals
4) Learn to make a new summer cocktail, preferably with raspberries.
5) Work more on our wedding plans (getting those invites addressed without pulling out my hair)
6) Commit to Crossfit at least 3x a week (fingers crossed)
7) Spend time with J’s family and my family
8) Teach Tiny a few new tricks
9) Start saving for my Bachelorette party(!!!) in NOLA.
10) Go to Founder’s Park to watch a movie
Cheers to a great Summer!