Spring is here. The color is coming back to the trees outside and it’s finally above freezing around here. I am ready for nice weather to be a permanent thing and excited not to have to bundle up just walk from my car to the office. St. Louis is a fun city to live near and we have some serious plans to act like annoying tourists this Spring/Summer.
1) Drink some fresh beer at the Biergarten at Budweiser
2) Take a brewery tour at Budweiser
3) Celebrate the Cardinals at some games
4) Eat at Ted Drewes Frozen Custard
5) I-55 Speedway to watch some dirt track racing
Last year J and I went to the racetrack around the beginning of fall. It was the coldest day of the year so far and it was miserable. I am so thrilled to go to the track when I don’t have to cover up with multiple blankets.
6) Explore the St. Louis Zoo
7) Get lost at the art museum
8) Wander around the Botanical Gardens
9) Lose track of time at the casino
10) Watch Shakespeare come to life
Top 10 adventures that J and I have to conquer this year. I can’t wait!
Once upon a time there was this girl who had a little blog. This girl loves to talk, share stories, and create all day long. She loves to spend time with her two dogs, her fiance and family. Most days this girl has no trouble coming up with stories and DIY projects or tips to share with people. However, then there was a Tuesday where she had no idea what to talk about. That has never happened before.
If you cannot tell this girl is me and the little blog is this one. And I really am idea-less on what to talk about. I thought I would share some pictures of the past few days instead of being creative.
Office for the day
Trial run for the wedding!
J and I at the Cards v. Cubs game.
That Thing You Do!
One of the best movies ever made.
Yes, I may be a bit obsessed with my pups. But who can blame me when the pups look like mine? Okay, okay. I know, I need to bring it down a notch.
This weekend J and I are headed to St. Louis to see his family and then my Grandma. Tiny is going to make her debut at his family’s house. Keep your fingers crossed that it goes well. **
This past weekend was the Apple Butter Festival in Kimmswick, MO. But before we made our way to fried-food heaven, J and I took the pup to the park and had some pictures taken by SMR Photography.
Now that it is finally starting to feel like fall around the heartland I can create my fall to do list. Here are a few of the things that I cannot wait to cross off with my favorite season of the year.
1) Ghost Tour of the historic Pythian Castle here in Springfield.
2) Carve a pumpkin.
3) Host a ‘family’ Thanksgiving dinner with J and the pup. Since are families live 3 hours apart it will be hard to spend time together on the actual day, so we have hopes of celebrating together – just our little family.
4) Update my wardrobe with a few new chunky cardigans and eye catching scarves.
5) Spend some time reading something out of enjoyment and not necessity. First up – Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn.
6) Complete a few crafts that I have been putting off, including my new nail polish display rack.
7) Start researching a new home to rent this coming Spring.
8) Become a bit more organized with my budgeting.
9) Drive to my absolute favorite in the world Apple Butter Festival in Kimmswick, MO
10) Develop some new post ideas and tutorials.
Now that fall has officially arrived, what are your plans?
1) New favorite website (check it out here). It’s about being from St. Louis, which I’m not.
However, I have so many friends from St. Louis and this website pins them perfectly.
2) Dixie Stampede is an adventure.
3) Morning scratches are the best.
4) I’m headed to one of my favorite cities this weekend. StL.
5) New DKNY watch came in this week. It was love at first sight.
Happy Friday everyone!