Want 5 moving tips to make a move easier?
Between living in different apartments during college, then moving in with J a few months ago, and now moving to a bigger city – I have this whole moving business down.
Here we go… 5 moving tips to make life a little less stressful:
1) make a plan. Don’t go all willy-nilly between rooms packing. You have everything arranged in specific rooms for a reason, so pack that way.
2) label boxes for the rooms they are going into. Your new place may not have the same number of rooms or the rooms might have a different purpose. It will be easier for your
movers friends to know where to put the boxes.
3) ever watch “Undercover Boss?” I watched the episode of United Van Lines, the moving company. Their packers would wad up packing paper and place in the bottom of empty boxes for breakables. The crumpled paper in the bottom helps add a little cushion.
4) spackle nail holes as you take down your pictures. Think “whistle while you work” here, except “spackle while you pack.”
5) clean as you go. Especially if you live in a rental that will help get the most bang for your buck . We had a two car garage, so once a room was packed the boxes and furniture went outside. After all items are out of the room it is the perfect time to clean – wipe down the trim, fans, window sills and then vacuum. Then seal off the room.
I hope these simple 5 moving tips help!
If you’re looking for a few more tips, check out my friends over at The Simple Dollar. They have a great resource to share with you.